We assist the church in making disciples and equipping the people of God for the work of ministry by providing Bibles, gospel-centered books and biblical instruction to South Texas, Mexico and Latin America. We accomplish this by:
- Providing affordable Bibles and gospel-centered Christian books and study resources.
- In depth Bible studies and classes that provide opportunities to study Scripture and theology intensively for the purpose of applying that knowledge in daily life.
- Podcasts and articles that teach theology from a Reformed perspective and expose people to books that will spur them to maturity in faith.
- Conferences with knowledgeable Christian scholars and pastors.
- Partnering with like-minded pastors, scholars, church leaders and organizations for the building up of the Kingdom of God and equipping new leaders.
To train leaders who know Scripture and how to teach it well–leaders who will assist established churches and pastor new churches on both sides of the U.S./Mexican border. We want to train leaders who are familiar with the unique cultures of S. Texas, Mexico, and Latin America. Along those lines we are planning to collaborate with BTS (Birmingham Theological Seminary) to bring seminary classes to Laredo.
Bridge is committed to biblical, orthodox, Reformed Christianity which always looks to God’s Word as the final source of truth for faith and practice.
We believe in the one self-existent, infinite, unchangeable God–one in essence yet three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the Creator and Lord of the universe who governs all things in accordance with the counsel of His will. (Gen. 1:1; Isa. 40:28; Matt. 28:19; Eph. 1:11)
We believe the entire canon of scripture–both Old and New testaments–to be the only written word of God, divinely inspired by Him and the only source of special revelation. (II Tim. 3:16; Luke 24:27; II Pet. 1:21)
We believe Jesus Christ is the incarnate Son of God, the only propitiation for sin and Saviour for mankind. He is the only mediator between God and man, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (Heb. 1:1-2; Luke 1:35; 1 Tim. 2:5; John 14:6; 1 John 2:2)
We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone and the only basis for assurance is because the penalty for sin has been paid for all who believe in the substitutionary and atoning death of Christ on the cross. (Rom. 5:8, Eph. 2:8-9; Acts 4:12, John 3:16)
THE RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS
We believe in the physical return of the Lord Jesus Christ and His judgement of the living and the dead. The saved are resurrected unto eternal life and will dwell with God forever and the lost will be shut out from the presence of the Lord unto eternal punishment. (Phil. 3:20; 2 Tim. 4:1; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; Matt. 25:31-46; Rev. 21:1-8)